USCCB’s Refugee School Impact (RSI) sub-grantees in Texas worked together to record and translate videos designed to inform refugee parents about the American public school system. Given COVID-19, RSI sites will use these videos in lieu of in-person RSI parent orientations whenever necessary.
These videos cover 6 topics:
- Intro to American Public Schools (created by Dallas ISD)
- Tips to Support Learning at Home (created by Austin ISD)
- Student Progress & Behavior (created by Catholic Charities TX Panhandle)
- COVID-19 Hygiene (created by Catholic Charities Fort Worth)
- Bullying (created by Catholic Charities San Antonio)
- Community Involvement (created by Catholic Charities Galveston Houston)